Nubank announces the third edition of “Yes, She Codes”, a Software Engineering hiring program exclusive for women. Between August 30th and September 8th, women who work with software development can apply for the new edition of the project.
In addition to recruiting new talents, the initiative seeks to offer an exchange of experience among women from this sector. The program includes people from any level of expertise and from different software development specialties (Backend and Mobile).
Yes, She Codes! Hiring steps
The “Yes, She Codes” program has five steps:
- Applications: candidates can apply for the project until September 8th, 2021.
- Programming test: in this phase, all interested must complete a programming test. Exercises can be performed on the programming language that candidates feel most comfortable using.
- Pairing Sessions: all selected in the previous step will be invited to a real-time phase. During this session, candidates will have an opportunity to pair program with other participants and meet Nubank’s Software Engineering and Recruitment teams. This phase is a moment of collaboration, focused on an activity that simulates daily life at the company.
- One-on-one interviews: Nubank will conduct one-on-one interviews with the pre-selected candidates in the previous phases after the pair programming stage.
- Feedback: in the last stage of the process, candidates will receive feedback on the entire selection process.
“Nubank aims to build teams that are increasingly diverse and inclusive. Initiatives such as “Yes, She Codes” exist since 2018, where we seek to increase and support the participation of women in Software Engineering”, says Silvia Kihara, Global Head of Technology Recruitment at Nubank.
Applications for Yes, She Codes
“Yes, She Codes” Website: https://grnh.se/807bad021us
Registration Period: from August 30th to September 8th
Requirements: women with familiarity with software development (Backend or Mobile) at any level of seniority.
In its first edition, held in 2018, “Yes, She Codes” registered 900 applications. In 2019, the number of people interested in the project was three times higher. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 edition didn’t happen.
For more information, access: the event page.
You can also read in this blog
- “Nubank Data Analysts are now called Analytics Engineers”
- “The Personal Financial Management team is born at Nubank”
- Nubank Credit Card from Product to Platform mindset
Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people’s relationship with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia, Nubank is today the leading digital banking platform in the world, reinventing over 40 million customers’ financial lives.
Nubank achieved this by offering a no-fee credit card, entirely managed by a mobile app and currently used by about 28 million people, and a digital account, free of taxes, held by about 36 million Brazilians. Nubank also offers transparent and hassle-free personal loans, a benefits program with points that don’t expire, a business account tailored for SMBs, and life insurance. In 2020, Nubank acquired digital broker Easynvest, now called Nu invest, and became the leader in self-directed digital investments in Brazil.
Throughout the years, Nubank raised around US$2 billion with some of the best-known growth and technology investors in the world, such as Berkshire Hathaway, Sequoia, DST, Tencent, Tiger, Kaszek, Founders Fund, Dragoneer, TCV, Redpoint, Ribbit, GIC, Whale Rock, Invesco, QED, and Capital Group.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States) and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.